•After you’ve thoroughly cleaned and dried the inside of your refrigerator, put a handful of fresh coffee, baking soda or charcoal in a sock or nylon stocking and place it inside to keep the interior smelling fresh.
• Pack your current phone book to take with you. You may need to make calls to residents or businesses back in your former hometown.
• Pack heavy items in small boxes, light items in larger boxes.
• Before the van foreman leaves for your destination residence, give him a phone number where you can be reached. It’s also a good idea to provide him with an alternate contact in case you can’t be reached.
• Having a garage sale prior to your move can save you money two ways! You’ll not only have some extra money in your pocket, but you’ll also be getting rid of some of the things you own, thereby having fewer items to move.
• Keeping your pet calm and away from all the activity on moving day by arranging for a friend to watch your pet at their house.
• Remember to keep phone and utilities connected at your current home throughout moving day.
• Don’t make plane reservations for the same day that you’re moving out. House closings are often delayed, and other unexpected situations often arise.
• Pack a box of personal items that will be needed immediately at your new home. Have this box loaded last or carry it with you in the car.
• Federal Law does not allow moving trucks to carry flammable material (i.e. aerosol cans (hair spray), cleaning fluids, & perfume).
• Safety regulations from the Department or Transportation require all fuel to be completely out of all power equipment! (i.e. mowers,) Tanks on gas grills cannot go.
• To eliminate mold and odor in your refrigerator and freezer, please Defrost & Dry them out 24 hours before the move!
• To save time please unhook all stereo, computer, VCR & TV equipment, so it is ready to be packed. Please drain waterbeds.
• Pack your suitcase before the movers arrive, so you will have your travel items with you for your trip.
• Please clear table space for the packers to use. Please also clean floor space and walkways.
• We ask that you take valuables such as jewelry, coins, currency, stamps, collections, and the like with you. This protects our customer and our company.
• Please be available to answer any questions the packers or driver may have. It is also helpful to keep your phone connected until after your move date.
• Items must be taken out of your attic, unless extra labor prices have been discussed with your moving consultant prior to move day.
• To ensure everything makes it to your new home, please walk through the home one last time before the driver leaves.
• If at any time you have a concern or question about your move please call your Emrick’s moving coordinator.
FOR EVEN MORE MOVING TIPS, PLEASE GO HERE: