Moving and Storage Safety Advice from Expert Movers in OKC, Enid, OK, & Surrounding Areas
Moving can introduce a variety of uncertainties into your life, such as changing locations, losing items, generating stressful situations, spending money, and so on. Emrick’s Van & Storage offers some of our moving and storage safety advice in OKC and Enid, OK in this blog.
There is a lot to accomplish before the big moving day, such as dressing correctly, choosing dependable movers in OKC and Enid, OK, and organizing the move ahead of time. Moving too quickly, failing to secure a clean passage, lifting more than you should, or lifting incorrectly can all result in injuries and mishaps. Check out this additional moving and storage advice for moving in OKC and Enid, OK, to help you relocate safely on the big day.
- Wear adequate footwear and clothing.
- Measure your furniture ahead of time to ensure that it will fit in your new home.
- Lift with your legs rather than your back, and avoid bending while lifting.
- Use new boxes and adequate packing materials.
- To use, double tape cardboard cartons.
- Do not overpack boxes or place too much heavy stuff inside.
- For heavy appliances and furnishings, use moving equipment.
- Keep children and pets away from the packing and moving process.
- Get ready for the weather.
- Carry light loads and avoid overexertion.
- Hire movers who are insured and licensed.
- Make sure there are clear paths to and from moving trucks.
- To prevent tripping hazards, keep all belongings above the ground.
- Plan out how and in what order you will move things.
- Ask for help!
If your move is unanticipated, you and your family may face challenges booking a short notice move. It is still important to read online reviews before scheduling a mover (not a broker). Today, good movers can make a significant difference in your moving and storage experience.